Thursday, March 3, 2011

Banana Bran Bread

My family has been making this recipe as long as I can remember. Grandma, Mom, my sister and brother all made it. I guess that makes it a family favorite for over 50 years! It’s a great way to use up those leftover bananas, no matter how black they are.

¼ cup canola oil (I use canola, I think they used Wesson)

1 egg, beaten

¼ cup milk

1 ½ cups (2-3) mashed banana

1 ½ cups flour

½ cup sugar

2 ½ teaspoons baking powder

½ teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon cinnamon

1 cup All-bran cereal

½ cup chopped walnuts


Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 5” x 9” loaf pan.

In a medium mixing bowl, stir together oil, egg, milk and banana.

In a large mixing bowl, fold together flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, cinnamon and bran.

Pour liquid mixture over flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Fold in nuts.

Turn into loaf pan. Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.

Cool 5 minutes in pan. Turn out onto wire rack to finish cooling.

Delicious sliced warm and slathered with butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment